Interview With Calum Smail
Q:Where did the idea for this logo come from?
- Site owner’s father is called Ray.
- Play on words, ray of light, ray-ban, etc.
- Logo plays on the “ray’s” concept, rays of light, shape of the sun, curvature of a lens.
- Bue line representing the shade from the sunlight.
- Hand-written “ray’s” represents the friendliness and trus/local feel of a smaller high street shop.
Q:What application did you use to design this logo? E.g., Illustrator.
Q:What font(s) were used in the logo?
Developed from scratch/self-made.
Q:How did you choose the color scheme for the logo?
Explained above, but fairly self-explanatory.
Q:How long did it take to complete the logo?
Q:What do you feel was your biggest challenge in designing the logo?
Conveying a subliminal/clever message intelligently and subtly.